Boosted is building fun, fast, simple transportation. Electric skateboards are our first product but our vision is so much bigger than just that. We want to own the bike lane. We know that lightweight electric vehicles are the future of urban transportation and we aim to be the brand that brings that vision to life. We want cities to feel smaller, campuses to be more accessible, and commutes to actually be enjoyable. We want people to explore more and worry less. We envision a world where getting there is just as good as being there. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Boosted is looking for a talented UX designer to join our growing creative team in San Francisco. The right person for the job will have a big opportunity to shape Boosted’s mobile app and create interactive experiences for the web. They will have previous experience designing mobile apps (real ones that actually exist in the app store) as well as web designs. They are comfortable working closely with software engineers to ensure that the design intent is carried through and know how to effectively hand-off their designs to an engineering team. This role is based in our San Francisco office reporting to our Art Director.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
What You'll Do
- Minimum 5 years professional design experience shipping iOS, Android products
- Proven ability to solve problems and design elegant solutions at a systems level
- Experience in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling, and detailed interaction design
- Proven success as a key contributor on complex projects
- Empathetic and inquisitive nature
- A burning desire to solve problems ranging from big-picture strategy to the fine details
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Prototyping skills
- Take feedback from the team and customers and respond with amazing ideas and concepts
Who you are
- Above all, you need to be a person who’s fun to work with
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc
- Experience shipping iOS, Android, and web products
- Experience with e-commerce
- A strong ability to communicate the “why” behind your design decisions
- An outstanding portfolio with an emphasis in the areas of print
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple teams and work quickly with fast turnaround times
- Demonstrated ability to work on several concurrent projects
- Self-driven problem-solver and question-asker with a positive attitude
- Happy to grow outside of your comfort zone
- A passion for board sports, bikes, or something active is a big plus
What We Offer
- Growth potential, tell us your goals and we’ll get there together.
- Daily Rides. We have pros who will teach you to ride and maintain your own Boosted board. Is your current job getting you outside every day? We didn’t think so.
- Generous time off policy.
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch every day and snacks/drinks available.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan.
- Commuter benefit plan and open use of our boards.
- Team outings and ongoing events.