Boosted is looking for a rockstar Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team! As a finance team member based out of our SF or Mountain View office, you will have broad exposure to various functions at Boosted, including Sales, Product, Business Operations, Hardware and Software, and will also work closely with external business partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have an solid understanding of GAAP, communication skills and the ability to partner effectively across business functions.
Boosted is on a mission to reinvent transportation to be fun, fast, and simple for everyone. Electric skateboards are our first product, but our vision is so much bigger. We know that lightweight electric vehicles are the future of urban transportation and we are well positioned to lead the space. We want cities to feel smaller, campuses to be more accessible, and commutes to actually be enjoyable. We want people to explore more and worry less. We envision a world where getting there is just as good as being there.
We’ve compiled a stellar team of smart, authentic people who like to win, and we’ve built a premium brand with a passionate customer following. Backed by some of Silicon Valley’s premier VCs and entrepreneurs, we just closed $60M in Series B funding.
What you will do:
- Own the accounts payable process including vendor relationship management, vendor set-up, and invoicing
- Own the accounts receivables process including sales order management, invoicing, statement of account reconciliation, and receivables aging analysis.
- Manage our contract manufacturers, including maintaining a record of invoice status, preparation and reconciliation of our statement of account, scheduling wires based on rolling weekly due dates and communicating directly with contract manufacturer accounting regarding disputes, short payments, etc
- Plan day-to-day cost accounting operations and work closely with cross functional teams to design policy and develop/maintain processes,
- Analyze excess and obsolescence charges and standard cost variances including both finished goods and freight in/out standard cost variances ensuring accurate calculation and reporting of cost of goods sold
- Monitor internal purchase orders to support budgeting, cash management functions and month-end close accrual process
- Develop exceptions management procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting of accounts payable, accrued expenses and operating expenses
- Perform vendor-spend analysis to accurately manage expenses, and to ensure completeness in our expense reporting
- Daily cash account management, including reconciling cash receipts, disbursements, chargebacks, and bank and merchant fees
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage customer orders for our reseller and distributor sales channels
- Prepare intercompany entries and reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely consolidation; period-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules; year-end audit schedules for the financial audit
- Provide data and analytics support to the Strategic Finance team as needed
- Assist our Business Operations team with ad-hoc projects with various teams to refine processes as we continue to grow
We're looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant field of study
- 1-2 years experience in an accounting and / or analytical finance role
- Strong communication, detail oriented, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Public accounting experience preferred
What We Offer
- Convenient office locations: San Francisco (4 blocks from CalTrain) & Mountain View (3 blocks from CalTrain)
- Daily catered lunch and fully-stocked kitchen with snacks & drinks
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and 401(k)
- Commuter benefit plan and open use of our boards
- Team outings and ongoing events
- Growth potential and continual learning
- The opportunity to work with an incredible group of humans that's revolutionizing the way we move