Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream of a world with sustainable, hassle-free transportation as we expand from our flagship electric longboard product line. We are a company of people passionate about electric vehicles and action sports. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VC’s and entrepreneurs. We are in rapid growth mode and are looking for exceptional people to help us bring efficient, enjoyable transportation to all.
We are seeking a seasoned, self-motivated Senior Reliability and Test Engineer with hands on experience testing complex hardware products to meet reliability, safety, quality, and regulatory requirements and strong knowledge of industry standard reliability test practices.
This person will help build foundational rel/test practices within Boosted’s engineering org as the company seeks to grow rapidly. Deep knowledge of FMEA, ALT, qualification testing, DOE, and FA are expected and will be utilized regularly. This candidate will be empowered to make decisions about component readiness for field use based on clearly defined specifications and testing results. Candidates with management experience are especially welcomed to apply as this will be a foundational role for Boosted’s growing rel/test organization within engineering.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
- You have significant experience with reliability and test practices in consumer hardware product environments.
- You are highly proficient in FMEA, ALT, DOE, and qualification test planning and execution.
- You are an organized, detail oriented person with strong documentation skills.
- You have experience with UL, TUV, ETL, and other international test organizations and their standards.
- You are capable of turning high level goals into actionable and measurable specifications with clear test criteria.
- You are a clear communicator and a team player.
- You are capable of working independently.
- You are capable of and interested in pursuing mentorship/management opportunities.
- You have great problem solving and analytical skills.
- You have a solid understanding of mechanical and electrical principles.
- You are able to leverage 3rd party support effectively to accelerate testing processes.
- You are proficient with data acquisition systems, data analysis, and presentation of data.
- You like hands-on rapid problem solving and prototyping.
You’ll be working with the engineering team at Boosted to:
- Take high level product requirements and turn them into detailed test and qualification specs
- Establish reliability test best practices and documentation standards
- Lead the design and documentation of test procedures and fixtures for new and existing products
- Help recruit and hire additional reliability and test engineers with appropriate specializations as Boosted grows
- Evaluate test results and field data to inform design choices
- Work closely with design and production engineering teams to understand and mitigate failure modes
- Perform failure analysis and design tests to differentiate between different potential root causes
- You have at least 7+ years of work experience in a related manufacturing or hardware engineering setting.
- You can effectively and efficiently work on multiple tasks at one time.
- You are able to work closely with a team to drive design feedback.
- You have strong communication skills (both verbal and written).