Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream about sustainable, hassle-free transportation. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
We are rapidly growing and looking for an experienced NPI Manufacturing Engineer to provide daily support of manufacturing activities in the U.S. and at our overseas contract manufacturing partners, addressing process and quality issues as they arise and acting as a liaison with Product Design Engineering as needed.
The ideal candidate for this highly critical role possesses a broad manufacturing background in consumer electronics and/or electric vehicles and shifts between manufacturing engineering, DFM engineering, and quality engineering with ease.
- Provide high quality engineering solutions in both process development and mechanical fixture design to ensure timely and successful product manufacturing ramps
- Work with overseas contract manufacturers and suppliers to develop assembly and test fixtures
- Manage production line bring up with contract manufacturing partners and suppliers
- Interface cross-functionally with Product Design teams and provide DFM feedback throughout the product development cycle.
- Influence design process to improve manufacturability for yield, reliability and ease of assembly.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve manufacturing flow, throughput, and yield at contract manufacturing partners.
- Provide daily support to overseas manufacturing operations to solve manufacturing process or quality issues as they arise.
- Establish processes for monitoring and reporting manufacturing performance.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment with demonstrated success leading resolution of challenging production issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Ability to travel internationally (25%)
- Experience in multiple consumer electronic product launches in a fast paced production ramping environment.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Monitoring Systems (MES, SPC, etc) and how to apply manufacturing statistics and design of experiments.
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturing partners
- Knowledge of Surface Mount Technology (SMT) manufacturing processes and ability to conduct failure analysis.
- Familiarity with eCAD, including schematic capture and board layout.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools and comfortable with modifying 2D drawings.
- Electric vehicle manufacturing experience
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move
- Catered lunch everyday
- Snacks/drinks available throughout the day
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Generous time off policy
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.