Responsible for developing a strong understanding of the customer and using that knowledge to define, implement, and execute content and email strategies. Bring a data-driven approach to testing and optimization. Own email and blog as primary marketing channels. Partner with Digital Acquisition, CS, and Social Teams to leverage content across relevant paid and unpaid channels.
- Execute on content strategy with a focus on pre-purchase rider education
- Work with cross-functional partners to gather, develop, and build content for emails, website, and other channels
- Partner with cross-functional team to make sure we leverage content across all platforms
- Keep an eye on our reviews and find ways to leverage them in our marketing and online promotion.
Email and CRM
- Oversee email campaign execution, including creative development, list management, campaign set up, implementation, execution, and analysis
- Develop customer segmentation strategies - use internal data resources (i.e. customer database) to define and target appropriate segments
- Develop hypotheses on how email can be used to drive user behavior; experiments can be as tactical as button copy to as strategic as developing a new user onboarding campaign
- Implement ad-hoc, trigger-based, and automated email campaigns based on your understanding of customer behavior
- Work closely with Growth Team to coordinate integrated growth and win back campaigns across paid and unpaid channels
- Execute A/B tests on subject lines, time of day, creative, messaging, etc
- Own file health and monitor deliverability
- Maintain email calendar
- Compile and present weekly/monthly email marketing reports covering KPIs such as delivery, open click, unsubs and GMV
- Identify and partner with new technologies and vendors when appropriate (i.e. MailChimp vs. ExactTarget)
- Develop expertise in emerging CRM technologies and best practices in email marketing
- Manage and stay on top of SEO
- Be creative in finding new ways to push the envelope for digital marketing. Stay on top of the latest trends as well as what our competitors are doing.
- 5+ years experience in startup marketing
- Previous experience in the hardware space a bonus
- Scrappy marketer always on top of new trends
- Excellent writing skills
- You’re a big fan of electric vehicles!