Boosted is building fun, fast, simple transportation. Electric skateboards are our first product but our vision is so much bigger than just that. We want to own the bike lane. We know that lightweight electric vehicles are the future of urban transportation and we aim to be the brand that brings that vision to life. We want cities to feel smaller, campuses to be more accessible, and commutes to actually be enjoyable. We want people to explore more and worry less. We envision a world where getting there is just as good as being there. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Boosted is looking for a talented designer to join our growing creative team in San Francisco. The right person for the job will have experience designing print media for in-store signage, collateral, events, packaging, manuals, brochures, and apparel graphics. They will create designs mostly for print and will be skilled in working with printers to makes sure everything comes out looking fresh. This person will be part of the creative team but will partner with our events and sales teams to create amazing branded collateral for demo tours, and swag to support our fast-growing community. This person creates cool stuff like stickers, patches, pins, posters, and flyers just for fun. We like that and want some of that here at Boosted too. This role is based in our San Francisco office reporting to our Art Director.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
What You'll Do
- Execute well-crafted designs for integrated marketing campaigns
- Create beautiful events collateral that people will love
- Work with our sales team to design stunning retail displays
- Collaborate our events team and ambassadors to create stickers, swag, and other cool branded collateral that will help connect customers to the brand.
- Design packaging for our products for retail
- Craft user manuals and brochures that defy the norm and are anything but boring.
- Work within brand guidelines to ensure a consistent experience throughout all customer touch-points
- Take feedback from the team and customers and respond with amazing ideas and concepts
Who You Are
- Above all, you need to be a person who’s fun to work with
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc
- Experience with print media, events marketing, signage, and swag.
- A strong ability to communicate the “why” behind your design decisions
- An outstanding portfolio with an emphasis in the areas of print
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple teams and work quickly with fast turnaround times
- Demonstrated ability to work on several concurrent projects
- Self-driven problem-solver and question-asker with a positive attitude
- Happy to grow outside of your comfort zone
- A passion for board sports, bikes, or something active is a big plus
What We Offer
- Growth potential, tell us your goals and we’ll get there together.
- Daily Rides. We have pros who will teach you to ride and maintain your own Boosted board. Is your current job getting you outside every day? We didn’t think so.
- Generous time off policy.
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch every day and snacks/drinks available.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan.
- Commuter benefit plan and open use of our boards.
- Team outings and ongoing events.