At Boosted, we’re dedicated to solving problems and making life better, especially transportation. We want cities to feel smaller, campuses to be more accessible, and commutes to actually be enjoyable. We’re on a mission to bring fun, fast, simple transportation to everyone through lightweight, electric vehicles.
Our team continues to explore the limits of imagination, working every day to develop the future of living and moving. We’re an eclectic mix of tinkerers, problem solvers, city dwellers, nature lovers, and engineering nerds tackling major commuting issues with one goal: to make urban transportation faster, easier, and a whole lot more fun.
Boosted is seeking an energetic, reliable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with hands on experience in an engineering environment!
- You have great problem solving and analytical skills
- You are self-motivated and excited to learn knew things
- You like a challenge, and don’t shy away from open-ended problems
- You know how to read and interpret schematic drawings, system block diagrams, test procedures, and assembly instructions
- You know how to solder: you can work with small components (down to 0402 and fine-pitch ICs), and you are skilled at re-work (you love a well-placed blue wire!)
- You are comfortable using electrical lab equipment including power supplies, multimeters, and data acquisition systems
- You are comfortable handling batteries; bonus points if you have soldered or welded batteries before
- You like to design and build things
- You are used to working in a shop environment and are comfortable using power tools
- You have good computer skills
You’ll be working with the engineering team at Boosted to:
- Build electro-mechanical prototypes
- Design and build test fixtures
- Plan out and run subsystem and system-level tests
- Collect data and analyze results
- Troubleshoot issues and track down bugs
- You have at least 5+ years of work experience in a manufacturing or hardware engineering setting or you have a degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- You can effectively and efficiently work on multiple tasks at one time
- You are able to work independently
- You have strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- You are conscious of the safety of yourself and others
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.