Boosted is building fun, fast, simple transportation. Electric skateboards are our first product but our vision is so much bigger than just that. We want to own the bike lane. We know that lightweight electric vehicles are the future of urban transportation and we aim to be the brand that brings that vision to life. We want cities to feel smaller, campuses to be more accessible, and commutes to actually be enjoyable. We want people to explore more and worry less. We envision a world where getting there is just as good as being there. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
We’re looking for a well-rounded copywriter to join the Boosted Team. The copywriter will help bring the Boosted brand and products to life across a variety of mediums. They will have an opportunity to play a big role in shaping the personality of the brand and the way we communicate. This person will have the chance to work on everything from packaging and product naming to global advertising campaigns. This role is based in our San Francisco office reporting to our Art Director.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
What You Will Do
- Write copy for a wide variety of communications, including our website, emails, retailer assets, packaging, video scripts, advertising and more.
- Develop messaging for new product launches for both hardware and software, from product and feature naming to marketing messaging, features and benefits, etc.
- Partner with the marketing team to develop concepts and execute across digital, print, out-of-home and more.
- Collaborate with designers, art directors and other writers on creative solutions for all mediums.
Skills We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of copywriting experience at a relevant brand or agency. Portfolio or samples are required.
- You take initiative, stay organized, and own all work from kickoff to handoff.
- You can write in the Boosted voice.
- You’re eager to think and write conceptually, and partner with creative teams on big ideas.
- You can work with engineers and product people to turn technical concepts into easy reading.
- You can partner with cross-functional stakeholders, take feedback and refine messaging to meet their objectives.
- You have the organizational skills to handle multiple projects with confidence and keep the positive vibes flowing in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You embrace the art of brevity.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, advertising, marketing or communications preferred.
- We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
- Happy to grow outside of your comfort zone
- A passion for board sports, bikes, or something active is a big plus.
What we offer
- Growth potential, tell us your goals and we’ll get there together.
- Daily Rides. We have pros who will teach you to ride and maintain your own Boosted board. Is your current job getting you outside every day? We didn’t think so.
- Generous time off policy.
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch every day and snacks/drinks available.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan.
- Commuter benefit plan and open use of our boards.
- Team outings and ongoing events.